The Liebster awards is designed to discover and recognize new bloggers. It is an award that gets passed on from a blogger to another, to welcome him/ her and appreciate his/ her blog. A perfect motivation and encouragement for the bloggers.
The nominated blogger (me in this case) has to answer 10 questions shared by the blogger who nominated him/ her (Arun in this case) and link back the blog to theirs. The nominated blogger then, nominates 10 other bloggers and shares his/ her set of questions for them to take forward. A perfect pay-it-forward chain.
1) Do you have any place in mind which you feel is underrated when it comes to tourism? Actually, there are plenty, especially in India. Here are my three picks – Hampi for one, I feel is completely under-rated, considering the wealth of history and treasures it has.
2) Hotels or Hostels?
Ah! You caught me there for am a little spoilt and Hotels/ Homestays would be my choice as compared to hostels. Hotels for the frills and the pampered feel. I love the breakfast spread and while I am on vacation, this meal and spread is the most important to start my day. The clean rest-rooms and the lovely bed waiting for me at the end of the day – Sigh!!! For me, it is a luxury to get served as against the routine of my daily life. 🙂
Homestays in popular hill towns like Chikmagalur are a great way of experiencing the culture and life in the coffee/ tea estates – not to mention the great local cuisine that comes along with the homestay.The rest of the frills remaining the same as hotels.
3) Your topmost essential travel item (excluding your passport)?
My camera – currently the Canon EOS. An absolute must else my journey is just not complete.
Pre-plan with some good research, for you can figure the best deals through your research and save a lot of money. To give you an example – for places like Singapore, the best deals are online and if you have researched and planned your day in advance, you can get some amazing bundled deals for all the places you want to visit. The same deals are not available offline.
Another point that most of us miss considering is inter-city transport. It is best to do a little research to figure your way around your destination with public transport. It is quite light on the pockets – especially in cities like London, Paris, Singapore etc.
Bottom line is research the place you want to go to well before you book it.
5) What is one of the best travel lessons you’ve learnt so far?
Better safe than sorry. Take all the precautions that you need to take in an unknown place. Lock your valuables, take care of your papers and keep your cash safe.
Any of the beaches – maybe Goa or Kovalam. Open a shack on the beach, work hard during the peak season and travel for the rest of the year 🙂
Hmm – a tough one. I suppose my South Bank experience in London would qualify for one.
If it is a business travel, of course I do 🙂 But if it a leisure trip – sometimes. And mostly for the food- it isn’t easy being a vegetarian in some places.
No preferred mode as such. The only thing that I can say is I don’t like traveling by any mode that makes me sit through the night – whether a bus or a car. I prefer traveling by the day in these modes as the pleasant landscape of my journey makes up for the inability to sleep.
Planning a trip to the Golden triangle in India because the palaces are beckoning me 🙂 Stay tuned for the same.
2) Vijay Kumar Sharma@Phototravelings.blogspot.in
3) Balaka Basu @Wanderful
4) Priti Zararia @Ilovetripping
5) Siddhartha Joshi @ Sid-TheWanderer
6) Jatin Adlakha @ Wandering Jatin
7) Arun Prasadh @ Aruntravelpics
8) Abhimanyu Bishnu @ Worldbeneaththefeet
9) Menorca C @ Europe Diaries
10) Jess @ Jess is a wanderer
2) Is there something about traveling that you dislike?
3) Beaches or Hill stations?
4) What is that one place that you did not have enough of and why?
5) Share your one crazy moment / embarrassing moment when traveling
6) What are the key things that you keep in mind when picking a destination?
7) Your best travel companion? Why?
8) Any movie/ book that inspires your travel?
9) Tell us your one travel as a kid that has still stayed with you.
10) Which is your next destination and why?